1.What’s silica sol casting process?
Silica sol casting is a typical investment casting process for stainless steel precision castings. The main process of silica sol casting is mold design firstly, then making wax, wax-tree assembling, then dewax, pouring, grinding, heat treatment, sand blasting, rough machining, precision machining, testing, lastly packaging. The weight of silica sol castings factory Baoding Guokun Casting Foundry can manufactured is 0.1kg-130kg.
It is a overwhelming trend that Silica sol casting process replaces the rough inferior water glass process in whole precision casting industry, especially for stainless steel casting and alloy steel casting. Besides the innovated molding material, the silica sol casting process has also being innovated to much steadier and less heat expanding.
- Why choose silica sol casting process?
- The casting surface of stainless steel silica sol casting parts looks very smooth and perfect, even meet 3.2 or better.
- The dimension accuracy of our silica sol precision casting is CT5-6, very high. So for some sections, there is no need to do machining, which will save much machining costs and time.
- Beside stainless steel, silica sol casting process is also used for casting small size alloy steels and carbon steels parts.
- Please note that the silica sol investment casting only suitable for small casting parts. If need big casting parts, we prefer to use sand casting process for you.
3.Introduction of silica sol casting
Silica sol is a kind of milky colloid. Since the colloid grains are minute (10-20micrometer) and have relatively large surface area, so they do not affect the natural color of materials to be covered. Silica sol is mutually soluble with water , but not with organic solvent. It can dissolve in a solution of alcohol or water mixed in any ratio. The distinguished feature is that with low viscosity, it can soak the places where water soaks, therefore, silica sol presents excellent dispersion and permeability when being mixed with other substances. When the moisture contained in silica sol is evaporated, the colloid grains firmly adhere to the material surface and the combination of silicon and oxygen is then formed between grains. It is a good adhesive. That is the main function of silica sol as an molding adhesive for stainless steel investment casting.
- Application of OEM stainless steel silica sol casting
Silica sol castings are mainly used for machinery parts of high corrosion resistance and precision dimensions, since silica sol steel casting can have much better surface quality and less geometrical deviation of dimensions. The main silica sol steel castings of Guokun investment casting foundry include steel cast golf bar and head, machinery coupling, marine hardware, and furniture decoration etc.