Baoding Guokun Machinery Co., Ltd offers both casting and forging services, which are the two most reliable technologies for manufacturing metal parts and components, especially for industrial parts, mining, earthmoving machinery, construction machinery, farm equipment, etc.
Why use castings?
Advantages of investment casting
- Excellent surface finish
- High dimensional accuracy
- Extremely intricate parts are castable
- Almost any metal can be cast
- No flash or parting lines
Disadvantages of investment casting
- The main disadvantage is the overall cost, especially for short-run productions. Some of the reasons for the high cost include specialized equipment, costly refractories and binders, many operations to make a mould, a lot of labor is needed and occasional minute defects. However, the cost is still less than producing the same part by machining from bar stock; for example, gun manufacturing has moved to investment casting to lower costs of producing pistols.
- It can be difficult to cast objects requiring cores.
- This process is expensive, is usually limited to small casting, and presents some difficulties where cores are involved.
- Holes cannot be smaller than 1/16 in. (1.6 mm) and should be no deeper than about 1.5 times the diameter.
- Investment castings require longer production cycles compared to other casting processes.